Monday 14 March 2011

The Domino Effect

I have been trying to decide how to photograph the dominos. The choices being stood upright,  knocked over or laid flat on the paper.


Stood upright in a line like this is a common association with dominos and also 'the domino effect' a chain reaction where a small change causes something else near by to change. This would give the poster more depth than the other two choices but it would stop with dots being visible which defeats the point of the total adding up to 100 so I don't think it's the best choice.



I had the idea of taking the photograph with a slow shutter speed whilst the dominos are falling but again this hides the fact that the dots in total add up to 100 which was the main focus of my poster.


I have decided to go back to my original plan which was to have the dominos laid flat on the paper. The dots matching up as if a game is being played. I have also decided to photograph the poster from this kind of angle to create perspective and shadow.



No comments:

Post a Comment