Monday 14 March 2011

3-D Poster Research

Before I start developing ideas for my own poster I have started looking at existing 3 dimensional poster work. These designs all feature in the book 'Tangible, high touch visuals' which I have been referring to a lot throughout this project and was where I was introduced to these artists.


Nous Vous are an art collective who focus on graphic design and illustration. This gig poster uses paper and card to create a forest scene along with two types of hand-drawn type and the grid layout creates a very hand-made aesthetic.



Shaz Madani designed these pieces as a campaign for 'Arctic Papers' a company which focuses on the environment. Madani has used only white card in this series, the dark tones being creates simply by layering the paper. Using numerous layers of card she has created depth and shadow.


Pixelgarten are a graphic design duo from Frankfurt. With a fine art background they work in the fields of art direction, graphic design and illustration as well as self initiated projects.
I was particularly drawn to this piece, 'Sims'.  The design is based on a computer game of the same name and mimics the features of the game through paper suspended in the air. I think it brings a new meaning to 'mixed media', using paper and models together.





No comments:

Post a Comment