Tuesday 1 February 2011

Richard Sweeney Paper Workshop

Here are some paper sculptures I produced during the Richard Sweeney paper work shop.
All are made from identical pieces of white paper and I've used different techniques to create different effects.


I used creasing to soften the paper, making it easier to manipulate.
It also allowed the paper to form curves by itself which creates interesting results.


Here i have increased the size of the squares which made the paper bend in a more angular way, creating sharp edges.


Here I have experimented with cutting out areas of the creased grid, allowing light to shine into the interior of the piece.


After the workshop I went on to experiment with creasing in diagonal lines, creating a lattice effect.
This made the paper less structured, allowing me to bend it into flowing, less angular shapes.



1 comment: