Monday 4 April 2011

Michel Gondry

'I always hated pretentious commercials and videos before I started directing, not following the typical and saying that people are all fashion. It has always been my goal to make people feel alright when they watch my work.' - Michel Gondry


Michel Gondry has worked on commercials, music videos, shorts, feature films and other media.  I was first introduced to his work from his music video for The White Stripes 'Fell in Love with a Girl'. 
 Gondry's use of lego bricks give the video a child-like aesthetic and also make it appear pixelated. Some parts of the animation look more 3-dimensional than others because of the way Gondry has used the lego bricks. The Red, Black and White colour scheme tie in with the trademark colours of the band and also suggests similarities to russian constructivism.
 The video won Michel Gondry 'Breakthrough Video', 'Best Special Effects' and 'Best Editing' from MTV in 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment